On Using AutoML for NYC Taxi Trip Duration Prediction

While explaining Optuna to a client in the context of hyperparameter tuning, and performing more research on the topic, I came across AutoGluon to perform "AutoML for images, text, and tabular data". After a quick scan of the documentation, I decided to give it a try and see how it performs on a simple project.

I always loved the Kaggle competition NYC Taxi Trip Duration, as the data has spatial, temporal, and other traditional attribute information and is a great dataset to test various models and feature engineering techniques.

I used a local Apache Spark instance (as it is my go-to ETL engine) to perform some feature engineering before letting AutoGluon do its magic. As a quick proof of concept, the results are quite impressive, and here are the steps to reproduce the project and visualize the result.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use Esri Flex API on Android and iPhone

Weighted Map Feature Clustering With Attributes

Augmented Reality, iPhone and ArcGIS Server