I am a HUGE fan of Augmented Reality , and one of my favorite applications on the iPhone is Layar . In this post, I will "walk you" through how to setup a simple ArcGIS Layar Point Of Interests (POI) layer and how to expose it through the iPhone application. In addition, I created a small Flex application that will enable you to add POIs to that feature class through a python geo-processor task. BTW - this is heavily geared to using ESRI desktop and server tools and I'm assuming that you are familiar with these tools. First, request a developer key from http://dev.layar.com/ . This might take a couple of hours to get to you. So, in the meantime, let's get started. Using ArcCatalog, create a new point feature class called 'Layar' in a geodatabase with the following fields: Title (text), Line2 (Text), Line3 (Text), Line4 (Text), Attribution (Text), Type (Integer), ImageUrl (Text:512). Import that layer into a map document using ArcMap. Save and publish the ...
Comments