Monday, May 18, 2009

My 360|Flex Presentation

As promised - just finished my presentation and here it is - have fun. Oh, here is the abstract: In this session we will demonstrate the Flex Mapping API For ArcGIS Server, where we will deconstruct live real-world mapping applications and algorithms such as dense clustering, auto labeling of features, collaborative editing, real-time asset tracking and client/server collaborative Geo-Processing. In addition, we will demonstrate how to create your own layer, geometry and symbol extensions for superior rendering performance taking advantage of the FP10 drawing API.

6 comments:

CheckMate808 said...

scanned through the presentation. very good.

I am looking into how to work .net through the flex api right now.. but more important would be to access arcserver objects for say doing a network trace.

any direction would be great.

thunderhead said...

Version 1.2 (to be released next week) will have N/A support plus Virtual Earth support, bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Unknown said...

I was there and it was a fantastic presentation!

thunderhead said...

Glad you like it and thanks for attending.

phile13 said...

Attended the presentation and thought it was great. I really liked the part about using sprites to speed things up. I wanted to play around with that a little more, but could not find as much as I thought/hoped was in the presentation. I guess I was wondering if you have any code samples for this?

thunderhead said...

Glad you liked the presentation - check out http://thunderheadxpler.blogspot.com/2009/05/street-path-finding-in-as3.html - all the source code is there :-)