Monday, March 4, 2013

BigData meet Raspberry Pi

The Raspberry Pi is a very neat little machine - I bootstrapped it with Soft-Float Debian "Wheezy" so I can run Java Embedded on it - I download and install ejre-7u10-fcs-b18-linux-arm-vfp-client_headless-28_nov_2012.tar, and now can run java programs on the Pi. Wrote the ubiquitous "Hello World" to make sure it works (I should not have doubted the write once run anywhere motto) and jumped directly to running a Spring container with beans. So, the next thing to do is to run the Hadoop client from my previous post on it.  Now remember, there is not a lot of RAM on the Model B Rev 2 Pi (512MB) and the post-action runs on the client machine, so I reduced the cell size and the search radius, and....it worked like a charm. Now, why did I do that ? because... I can :-)
Next, is to come up with something to do with the generated data.

No comments: